Totally Droolworthy Dinnerware | Life Love and Hiccups: Totally Droolworthy Dinnerware
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Thursday 22 August 2013

Totally Droolworthy Dinnerware

Pin It
Sorry if my absence yesterday worried some of you, but I am here and fine ... but still don't have any results yet. I just decided to wag for a day and took a day for myself yesterday. I had so much fun that I decided to do it again today.

Isn't it funny that even though I now work for myself, I still feel like I am wagging if I decide to go a day without doing any work.

I kind of like that feeling ... like I am a badass rebel in a really lamo way.

So yesterday I had the opportunity to indulge my love of home wares at the Freedom Spring Summer Preview. These guys know how to put an event on and I was very lucky to be there rubbing shoulders with designer royalty.

The lunch table and displays were styled by the very talented Jason Grant and I have to warn you guys, seriously, you are gonna go nuts shopping for the Spring and Summer Season's new colours and designs as there is something to suit everyone's tastes.

For me - it was all about the yellows - of course, oh and the pineapples. Yep I am now officially infatuated with pineapples.

I took my camera along to the event and went totally snap happy taking zillions of photos to share with you (as you may have seen on instagram). I get like that, when I see something I love, I just want to share it with the world.

So I guess I should just stop rambling now and show you some of the pics I took.

The yellow door. Oh my God THE YELLOW DOOR!!! I was drooling before I made it into the joint and I didn't stop drooling until well after I left.


There is a lot of duck egg blues this for the coming seasons, seafoam, teal, white and a very soft pale green are all also very present and there are the fabulous pops of the vibrant yellow that has proved to be a real stayer. All these colours tied together brings a real coastal feel to the table.

I like it very much.

The Sorrento dinnerware is high on my list of must haves and I can totally imagine the gorgeous summer BBQ dinners being eaten of this range at our house this Summer.

 The weathered glass bottles, the ropes and the driftwood ...... I die!


Then there were the richer tones and the warmth of the colours in the Jett range which had a distinctively retro feel and in shades enticingly named Canary, Pomegranate, Stone and Midnight Blue.

Oh and succulents. You need loads of succulents this season -  aka plants that are virtually impossible to kill ... unless you over water them which I may have been guilty of once upon a time.




I photographed a couple of pages out of the Spring summer 2013 Look Book we received, just so you too can have a peak at some of the gorgeous stuff you will find in store, all from the comfort of your couch.

I am pretty certain that some of these Pineapple yellow cushions will be coming home to live with me in the very near future.

Would you look at this table, again styled by Jason Grant.

I am totally going to be attempting to recreate this look at home and this table setting is solely responsible for tipping my quiet understated admiration of Pineapples over the edge and into the "I'm in love and kinda obsessed" zone.

This pineapple actually came home to live with me and now spends it's time being moved from room to room so that I can keep it in constant view.

Yes I am THAT in love with it.


We also had a peak at some of the Christmas range which includes timeless glass mixed with textural elements like slate and wood. The idea is your Christmas setting doesn't need to be packed away once Christmas is done and dusted. Nope, you get to enjoy it through all of your summer entertaining.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.





So what do you think? Have you got the shopping bug?
Are you freaking out I even mentioned the word Christmas?