I was tagged by a few friends on instagram these past few days, to play along with the 10 things that make me happy game.
This game could not have come at a better time given how sad we have all been feeling these last few days with all that has been going on.
Thinking about the things that make you happy is an instant mood changer. How can your mood not improve when you really think about just how many reasons you have to be happy every single day?
Here's the 10 things I listed.
1. That spunky man of mine makes me happy. Carl is so incredibly thoughtful and sweet and often surprises me with flowers or magazines, or little things he finds when he is out.
One day last week, I was at home working when the dogs started going nuts barking at the front windows. I went to the front room to take a look when suddenly I heard a loud bang on the door.
My eyes flicked back to the window in time to see my hubby jumping over the front fence and bolting off up the street.
Holy shitballs - was he doing a knock and run on me?
I opened the front door to look up the street and there on the front doorstep was a big bunch of flowers in my favourite shades of yellow and white.
He had done a flower knock and run - bless him.
He makes me ridiculously happy.
OK so I won't go into great detail about the rest of the things on my list, because it's Friday night and I'm sure you are itching to check out all the other gorgeous blogs linking up with the Weekend Rewind.
So here's the rest of my list of the things that make me happy.
2. A quiet coffee in a cute little coffee shop with nothing but my computer or a magazine to keep me company.
3. Lunch alfresco style with friends and champagne. Say no more.
4. Crafting and being creative never fails to get me smiling.
5. Making food my kids love and watching them as they devour it with absolute pleasure.
6. Fresh flowers scattered around the house.
7. Sitting on the back deck with my hubby after a day of working in sun in the garden. Throw in some cheese, nibbles and a G&T and I am floating on cloud nine.
8. Finding a sunny spot on a coolish day and the warmth of the sun on my face.
9. Laughing. Kind of obvious really why laughing would make me feel happy, but a good belly laughing session has the power to make me feel happy for days afterwards.
10. My boys. Yep those little stinky winks make me so completely and overwhelmingly happy and hanging out with those funny little dudes makes me happier than a bird with a bucket of fries.
Have an awesome weekend you guys!
What's been making you happy lately?
Link up your favourite post from the past week and then if you get a chance, pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella), Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling) or Kelly's at A Life Less Frantic.
It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 4 places.