The One That Makes Absolutely No Sense Whatsoever! | Life Love and Hiccups: The One That Makes Absolutely No Sense Whatsoever!
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Tuesday 30 April 2013

The One That Makes Absolutely No Sense Whatsoever!

Pin It

I have been known to frequently misplace things, or lose them temporarily as one of my boys so aptly puts it.

I think it is probably a symptom of trying to do too many things at once, or it could be an early onset of senility given my *ahem* progression in years... either or.

I leave things in the most bizarre places only to find them later and think to myself WTF?

Take for example the car keys I found in the freezer, the nail scissors in a pot plant, my earrings in the letter box, and a brand new unopened packet of Buscopan in my sewing kit.

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking or if I was even thinking when I put those things there.

I know I must have been distracted but I cant help but wonder what happened to whatever I was supposed to put there instead?

Like what was in my other hand when I put my car keys in the freezer?

Is a packet of frozen corn or sea scallops going to show up somewhere smelling like a bucket of amputated feet when I least expect it.

If the Buscopan is in the sewing kit, did I give the kids a couple of buttons to ease their tummy cramps?

Scary prospect really and to be honest I have no idea why I have even started this post by telling that story as it bears very little relevance to what I actually intended to write about.

There go the Squirrels again.....

What I did intend to talk about was how I seem to have misplaced my sense of humour this past week and then found it again in a pair of rank smelling slippers. My Slippers.

I was going to talk about how I was sitting on the couch and I got a whiff of something so putrid that I immediately upturned the couch expecting to find a decomposing something or other under it but found nothing.

I was going to admit to making my boys wear socks when they snuggled on the couch with me as I was convinced that their feet were somehow staining the fabric with a foul smell.

And then I was going to tell you how it was in the moment that my loyal dogs refused to snuggle at my feet and watch Ellen with me that I realised the stench could in fact be isolated to the pair of fluffy slippers I had been wearing for the past 5 days straight.

Yep, the stinker wink was me and when I took those slippers off and stuck my nose in them for a good old sniff, you know just to be sure they were indeed the culprits, my life flashed before my eyes and I saw angels.

Slight over exaggeration with the angels bit, but I did start laughing, like hilariously snorting, cross your legs and try to breathe kind of insane laughing.

And just like that after a week of moping I found my sense of humour where I had left it, in a pair of rank smelling sheepskin slippers.

So what was the point of this post?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Tacos anyone????


I found My Village