At The End Of Our Road | Life Love and Hiccups: At The End Of Our Road
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Monday 28 July 2014

At The End Of Our Road

Pin It

I currently have two little photography nuts on my hands which pleases me to no end.

It's a real joy when you discover that you share an interest in something with your kids and I now understand how my hubby felt when the boys fell for the other great love of his life - the ocean and surfing.

My two older boys were both lucky enough to receive cameras for their most recent birthdays.

Sam scored a Nikon point and shoot which is perfect for him to experiment with and the whole family put in and brought Kai a Canon DSLR as a special gift for his 13th birthday. They are both thirsty to learn what they can about photography, although Sam's concentration lasts about as long as a box of Paddle Pops does in our house... I'm guessing you can gather that is isn't very long.

At the bottom of our road is a path that disappears into the bush and leads to a waterfall.

My childhood home is only a few blocks away from where I live now, so this waterfall is a place I have visited since I was a little girl.

There is something magical and mysterious about this place and often when there is a full moon you can hear chanting and drums from within in the bush late at night. Apparently it is a local coven of white witches that go there to perform their full moon rituals.

Whether this is true or not, I don't know, I wouldn't be game enough to go there at night to find out for myself. I am happy just listening to the sound of them from the safety of my bed. But during daylight, it truly is the most spectacular place for a walk and a perfect place for the boys to practise their photography.

A lot of the scenes from the movie - Tomorrow When The War Began were filmed here, but despite it's claim to fame, this place still remains a well kept secret.

Here's some photos I took yesterday when a friend and our kids went for a wander into the bush at the end of our road with our cameras.

Do you share any interests with your kids?
Would you be game to go here at night?