Copper Crushing | Life Love and Hiccups: Copper Crushing
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Copper Crushing

Pin It

Do you remember the Copperart stores? 

I am probably dead set giving away my age now aren't I?

We had a Copperart store at our local shopping centre and many a time I would pop in there to admire all the little trinkets and occasionally pick out something for my mum for Mothers Day or her birthday. every now and then I would buy a little something for myself and man I thought I was so on trend. 

A plant stand, a clock, a copper ashtray or a little brass decorative box. Copperart had them all. 

Heck I even brought myself a really cheap and cheerful brass coat stand when I was about 15 to go in the corner of my bedroom... because I had so many coats and hats and all that back then... not!

Sadly it seemed like copper had well and truly had it's time and one by one the stores disappeared from the shopping centres only to resurface again with a new name with no copper reference at all - Homeart.

But as with all good things, copper has done a full circle and is back with a flourish. 

Thankfully though, this time around, it seems that we have far more stylish options to choose from when it comes to adding a little copper touch to our homes and I have to tell you I have a serious copper crush going on right now.

I'm feeling a little copper DIY coming on this weekend and I guess I'm just going to have to let Martha Mudguts off her leash.

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here's some lust worthy copper inspiration I have been seriously crushing on. Copper eyeful of these beauties... *ahem* sorry bad pun.

Clockwise from Top Left

Clockwise from Top Left

Clockwise from Top Left


Clockwise from Top Left

So are you crushing on anything at the moment? 
Has copper got you blushing too?

I always endeavour to link back to the original source in my style inspiration posts, but if I have made a mistake please let me know and I will correct it immediately.