Happily Buzzing | Life Love and Hiccups: Happily Buzzing
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Friday 13 March 2015

Happily Buzzing

Pin It
It was pitch dark when I woke up this morning... and I even slept in.

It was like the sun had forgotten to get up or had decided to take the day off or something or perhaps it was a sign that autumn is ready to take over from here.

It never fails to amaze me how the seasons just kind of change all of a sudden. One day we are sweltering in humidity and feeling like a walking keg of sweat and then next you know - I am rifling through drawers looking for some toasty socks for my cold feet.

Bizarre isn't it?

So it's has been another busy week here at Chateau le Stackhouse, but then who isn't busy these days?

The kids sports activities are starting to ramp up again - yet another sign of the seasons changing - and with the sport comes the daily juggle of working dinner around training sessions and taxi duty.

Sound familiar?

I'm not complaining though - I don't mind the excuse to sit in the car and do a little knitting / crocheting / reading. Its like a little sneaky win when it comes to stealing some time to do something for myself all disguised under the charade of running kids around.

Hey we take what we can get right?


There are lots of things simmering away at the moment - including a new business project with some special friends which I am dying to tell you guys about and I will tell you more about I promise, just as soon as I can.

We are starting to get to the pointy end of my son's book and I am so excited for him seeing this all come to life. Watching my sweet boy who was literally crippled with anxiety two years ago not only overcome his demons but turn them into something so positive and helpful to others kids is one of the proudest things I have ever witnessed. I'll share more on this with you next week.

Hmmm what else is going on? well the home makeover has been a little slow these past few weeks. And by slow I mean sort of nothing really happening at all. I have loads of projects starting to back up and I need to get my ass into gear and make more time to get suck into them.

Make time.

Ha.

Wouldn't it be good if we actually could add a few more hours into each day. I already feel like I am milking every minute out of every day but what if we could have say... maybe just two more hours in each day. Would I manage to do everything I want to do in my life?

Do you ever really get through everything you want to do?

And if you do - then what? I mean what happens when you run out of things to do, or do you think that could even happen?

I was chatting to a friend last night at our monthly craft night and she said "I thought you left the corporate world to slow down - and yet you are busier than ever".

It's something a few people have pointed out to me lately and they are totally right because I did leave the corporate world with the intention to slow down and enjoy life. I thought that was what I wanted and yet I am doing the exact opposite of slowing down.

But I love it and I am happy.

I actually like having a whole load of balls in the air and I am like a magpie with shiny objects in that I get totally excited about new ideas and projects.

I'm a true Gemini in that I just can't sit still for very long but the big difference between the me I am today and the me I was in the corporate world that was looking for an excuse to slow down - is that I can hand on my heart say I love what I do. Every . single . day.

That's a HUGE happy blessing right?

Right!

Do you prefer to go at a slow and easy pace or are you a little hyper and prefer to buzz around doing stuff like me?
Are you happy doing what you are doing at the moment?

Speaking of happy things, it's time to share some of the posts I have been loving from our fellow bloggers this past week.


1. 30 seconds to de-stress from BellaMumma because helllooo  - anything that helps me to unwind without adding to the stress by taking up precious time... well sign me up sunshine.

2. These awesome up-cycled toys from Bele at Blah Blah Magazine had me getting all sentimental and wishing we had done more of this kind of stuff with our kids when they were little instead of wasting money on new things when they tired of the old.

3. I am planning on embracing autumn with this spicy tomato & sweet corn soup from my Darling Lemon Thyme because it's cold enough today and I have just been itching for an excuse to declare soup season officially open in our house.

4. See this scratch - it's probably deadly from The Thud Oh man I laughed with this post. Any of us with kids have been through it - your munchkin has a boo boo and the world needs to know about it because as far as they are concerned it could be like deadly you know. I wonder if it is a boy thing - like man flu and all that?

All right, enough of my brain farting. Let's get this linky party started.

This week our fabulous guest host is Carly from Smaggle and with Carly you get the real deal. She tells it how it is and is just awesome without even trying to be awesome. Oh and to all our lovely Melbournians - don't forget (or in case you didn't know) Carly, Christina from Hair Romance and Rachel Devine photography have an up and coming workshop - Little Blog Big so if you are in Melbourne on the 20th March - Check it out here.



Link up your favourite post from the past week and then if you get a chance, pop around and say hello to some of the other lovely linkers. The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm and links will close on Sunday night at midnight. Link up here or over on Bron's blog (Maxabella Loves)Sonia's blog (Sonia Styling) or Kelly's at A Life Less Frantic.  It does not matter where you link as your link will show up in all 4 places.