When I Grow Up - Places I'll Go | Life Love and Hiccups: When I Grow Up - Places I'll Go
Life Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and HiccupsLife Love and Hiccups

Wednesday 20 July 2016

When I Grow Up - Places I'll Go

Pin It
I have a habit of saying "when I grow up, I'm gonna do... insert the yada yada whatever here"

For example - When I grow up I'm going to have a holiday house in Byron, a loft apartment in New York and an inner city terrace house in Melbourne.

When I grow up I'm going to write that book I have always wanted to write, learn how to sail and take the hubby and I on a date to a new restaurant at least once a month.

When I grow up I'm going on holidays to far away exotic places with rocky white cliffs and crumbling stone villas and history oozing out of every crack and crevice.

My youngest munchkin asked me the other day "Mum, why do you always say when I grow up when you're already old?"

Putting the innocent verbal slap in the face to the side, I explained that by saying "When I grow up" it is my way of acknowledging that I haven't yet reached all my goals or played out all my dreams... but that there is still time for me to do so.

It's immature I guess and probably some form of deep rooted denial or something too.

I'm pretty sure that a freudian type would have a field day psychoanalyzing exactly why I say it, but to me - it's simply a green light to daydream about whatever the hell I want.

From time to time when I am bored or during ad breaks on Real Housewives, I play what many will think is a really lame game with myself where I go online and look up holiday destinations, then I look for flights, scour accomodation, car hire and I even check out the current dollar conversions and then... when I've had my fun I shut my laptop lid and go back to folding clothes and watching trashy TV.

Whatever works for you right?

Sometimes though, a place I have seen online stays with me and I catch myself stirring the gravy and staring off into the distance imaging myself going to that place... when I grow up.

One such place that has occupied my mind recently was this glorious peice of the world - Casa Cook located in the small town of Kolymbia on the Eastern Coast of Rhodes in Greece.

Hellloooo can you not picture yourself in a flowy white boho dress, little plaits in your windswept hair and leather sandals on your feet as you wander the cobblestone lanes with a basket of local produce on one arm and the other linked through the arm of your love.

Oh wait... that was my daydream.

Seriously though - check this place out and you will see why it was worthy of burning myself on the gravy.


This gorgeous property is the pilot project for the new Casa Cook Lifestyle brand.

It has been developed by Thomas Cook Group in conjunction with a collaborative team of consultants including interior designer Annabell Kutucu and architect Vana Pernari.

Rooms start at EUR 100 per night ($147) including breakfast apparently (what I check this stuff out you know) and you can find out more info about Casa Cook Rhodes or making a booking (you lucky creature) here or simply follow them on instagram here for some swoon worthy daydream material.

See you there right?

For sure... when I grow up!

Can you picture yourself holidaying here?
Where do you want to go or what is it that you want to do - when you grow up?

All images were were used with the permission of Casa Cook Rhodes